OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE SQUISHABLE VIDEO CONTEST!
TO ENTER THE SQUISHABLE VIDEO CONTEST (“THE CONTEST”), PLEASE READ THE OFFICIAL RULES BELOW AND CLICK 'I AGREE' TO ENTER YOUR VIDEO. YOU MUST AGREE TO THE RULES BELOW TO PARTICIPATE.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THE SQUISHABLE VIDEO CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The Contest begins at 12:01 AM [ET] on February 3, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM [ET] on February 24, 2016.
The Contest provides entrants with the opportunity to create a short creative video involving the entrant and a Squishable (or image or representation of a Squishable) stuffed pillow and to submit the Video for consideration. Videos will be reviewed by representatives of Squishable.com, Inc. and the representatives will determine a Grand Prize winner. Entrants must have a YouTube account in order to participate in the Contest or win a prize. Membership on YouTube is free, and can be obtained by logging on to www.youtube.com and following the onscreen instructions to open an account. The Contest sponsor is Squishable.com, Inc., 228 Park Ave S, ECM#56124, New York, NY 10003 (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Employees, officers and directors of Squishable.com, its subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, fulfillment, and web masters/suppliers (collectively, "Contest Entities"), and each of their IRS dependents and immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings) and individuals residing in their same household of each (whether or not related), are not eligible to participate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit the website at www.youtube.com and upload your Video directly to the Website. Tag the video with the phrase “#squishablecontest2016”. Next, visit the website http://www.squishable.com/s/video_contest and complete the form to finalize your submission.
The submission can be any creative video that you have made but it must include a Squishable, image of a Squishable, or other video representation of the Squishable.
Each video that is submitted into the Contest must meet the following "Video Requirements" (any Video that, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
- Videos must be no shorter than 30 seconds and no longer than 10 minutes in length and may not exceed 100MB in file size;
- Videos must be submitted in a file format that youtube.com can accept.
- Videos must not feature or contain any copyrighted materials (including, but not limited to music, still images, or moving images), video footage or visible trademarks.
- Videos must not include third parties/people, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image, likeness or voice in the video or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules. Third Parties include but are not limited to celebrities, friends and minors who have not obtained parental consent prior to such participation. Entrants should be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the videos, including releases from all persons appearing in the and location releases for all recognizable locations (in the event an entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsor reserve the right, in Sponsor's sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable video, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor's benefit.
- Videos must not contain material which is (or promoting activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing; or material that contains any derogatory references to any Contest Entities;
- Videos must not contain the last name, phone number(s), address, or email address of any person, including the entrant;
- Videos must not contain or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, "commercial pitch," promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- Videos must not contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by any of the Contest Entities or the computers of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with the Contest;
- Videos must be entirely original to the entrant and must NOT include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property;
- Videos must not have been previously submitted to another contest, broadcast on a media network or submitted to any entertainment entity that would conflict with this Contest, as determined in the Contest Entities' sole discretion;
- Videos must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, watermarks, artwork, or sculpture, except for those belonging to Sponsor; and
You may enter up to one (1) time per person and/or per YouTube account. No other form of participation is valid. Entries must be received and recorded by the Website's computer by 11:59 PM [ET] on February 24, 2016. Website's computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the YouTube account associated with the entrant's Video as of the closing date of Entry Phase. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the YouTube account was opened. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be returned or acknowledged by the Sponsor.
WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: By February 24, 2016 at 11:59 PM [ET], one video will be selected from among all eligible videos received. The winner will be selected by the representatives of Squishable.com at their sole discretion. Entries will be judged on the creativity of the video, not the video recording quality.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows: (i) the video is the entrant's own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the video does not contain any computer virus, is otherwise uncorrupted, is wholly original with entrant, and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the video does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; and (iv) the video does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each entrant into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor, their successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the video for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised. Entrants may be required to provide the original video to Sponsor upon request. Sponsor shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the videos for any purpose which Sponsor deem necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that such entrant does not reserve any rights in or to the video.
PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any entrant in or winner of the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants the Contest Entities and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant's name, likeness, biographical information and video in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and/or promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Contest or other promotions, and hereby release the Contest Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
PRIZES: Grand Prize (1): One (1) Squishable from any available in-stock Squishable and a $50 donation to a charity of the winner’s choice. The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Grand Prize is $88. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: The Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or non-delivered entries or e-mail; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserve the right at their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and select the winners from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of this website. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account associated with the YouTube account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to and use of the Website or downloading from and/or printed material downloaded from said Website. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, send your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) postmarked for receipt by February 24, 2016 to: Squishable.com, 228 Park Ave S #56124, New York, NY 10003.