We're hiring! Woo! If you're interested in toys, art, tech, business, the internet, or just really like cute things then this might be the place for you!
2019 Art Intern!
Location: New York City, NY
Timespan: Summer Months, two days a week
Squishable is pretty darn graphics intensive. The website, mobile site, marketing, photography, the Squishies themselves...there's a whole lot of art going on 'round here.
We need someone who really knows their graphic design software, with experience in illustration or cartooning, and social media! Photography is also a big plus. If you're super organized and efficient, with good ideas, and can carry five cups of coffee at a time, this is the position for you! It's part time, 2 days during the week, at least one of which is a Friday, and hey, you get paid! No toy design experience necessary, but extreme-excessive-borderline-pathological attention to detail is. Ability to stay calm in the face of insanity is a big plus.
- Absolutely fluent knowledge of Photoshop. Show us you can use it for graphic design, photo manipulation, and digital illustration.
- Ability to draw and ink digitally with with a tablet and stylus (without the need to sketch and scan)
- Working knowledge of imagery for digital and print (resolution, CMYK/RGB, etc.)
- Skill with photography. We do a LOT of picture taking around here.
- Illustration or cartooning experience. Show us a fun but precise style, with lots of emotion and cute.
- Meme-savvy. This is a position for someone who sneezes lolcats.
- Social media expert - someone who really knows their Tumblr, Instagram, etc.
- HTML and web coding experience.
- Experience working with a CMS, like Wordpress.
Email the following items to HireMe@Squishable.com:
- A cover letter explaining why oh why you wanna work here.
- Links to your Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and any other social media you're active on.
- A link to your online portfolio.
- A resume.